A Journey From LTT To Gorakhpur Terminus: 9th July,14

Blog No: 10


Recently I was travelling to Uttar Pradesh and it distance from Mumbai to Gorakhpur is around 2000 km. My train name was Gorakhpur Exp which starts from LTT at 6.35 AM. I travelled so far just for 3 days, and these 3 days I observed and experienced lot of things. The train already came late at Kalyan station and my destination was Deoria, one stop before Gorakhpur. It was almost 2 hours late when I reached my destination. It took around 40 hrs. During this 40 hrs i observed lot of things happening around: the train, people, compartment, foods and snacks, etc.

The coach or boogie which I got was very old. Usually every train has charging points but this train didn’t have. Bathroom as usual was not cleaned throughout the journey. In two days of my journey I only went once for bathroom as I was not eating anything purposely :P. Even the seats were not proper, it was torn or dirty. Even the windows of the train were broken, an accident also occurred because of these broken windows in the train. As soon as I entered the compartment it was all wet, even the seats were wet. Foods given at various stations are very costly and it is also not worth. Its better to take food from home so that you can save your money. Generally, Lays which you get at 10 Rs at stations in Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh you will get at 20 Rs. By this you can imagine how much costly other stuffs will be.

As I was travelling the person sitting in front of me was different, i mean stupid ;). Throughout the journey he didn’t talk to anyone. When offered something to him he made weird faces. I was just imagining how a person can be like this. Another person I met, his name was Shukla Ji. He shared lots of information and experiences about his life which made my journey really interesting. Even at nights he used to share his experiences. It is always fun to talk to such kind of people. He even offered food and snacks to other passengers in the compartment.

Overall it was a good experience but the services which Indian Railways is providing are worse. At least the express train which are having long routes should be taken care and checked regularly. When you travel to Gorakhpur I suggest you to catch other train which leaves from LTT at 10:55 AM and 11:10 AM. Both these trains are good as compared to Gorakhpur Exp from which I travelled.

Thank you.

https://twitter.com/AsitChaurasia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Tungareshwar: Temple and Waterfall - Vasai, Thane

Review: Pandavkada Waterfall - Kharghar Navi Mumbai

Anstrengung United: A journey from NOTHING to SOMETHING!!!