Review: Marine Drive - Mumbai: From Morning till Afternoon!!!

Blog No: 06


Being a local Bombay boy, I have always been passionate about the places that you find here in the city and the small by-lanes and small shops that thrive in the heart of the city. I also believe that Bombay was far better than Mumbai because the city did offer you with the kind of options that make you feel special. However there are certain things which haven’t changed and that is Marine Drive. Well I want you to give you some information and my experience too.

Mumbai is a city which is unique in nature and cannot be compared in the world at any rate. The title I have selected is for the reason that marine drive is not at just Mumbai but also at other parts of India as well as the world hence I appended the term 'Mumbai'. If you Google it you will find many places. Another thing is about the stones known as tetrapods which were brought long back to reduce the wave force at the sea shore. Nearly 6,500 tetrapods was there at Marine Drive each weigh 2 tons. The real estate prices in this location are considered to be the highest in country and one of the highest in the world.

When I was kid I didn't even knew where this place is and till my 10th STD I must have visited twice or thrice not more than that. Each and every time I visited this place it brought me closer and now whenever I get chance I make sure that I visit this place. People come with their family, friends, loved ones, etc to make memories. Even I go with my friends and enjoy there but when I am sad, completely crushed down, when I wanted answers about my life and what I was experiencing I always walk alone to that place at sit there. It sounds unbelievable, but every time I came here I went back home with answers that helped me grow, not only in terms of how I can improve my life but also mentally.

So what makes so special about this place for me you might ask? All I can say that it’s like Taj Mahal for Mumbai. Its not just a place where you come and enjoy the sea breeze, it is lot more than that. You will find lots of emotions like happiness, sorrow, romance, freedom and inspiration.

In the morning, its like a health club, you will find people walking or jogging on their sport shoes and listening to music on MP3 players. Children usually riding cycle or skating. Senior citizens enjoy their time with their families and colleagues. Hawkers are always present there, the best thing about Mumbai:-). In the afternoon there are less number of people here because of the heat. You will find college students mostly in the afternoon hanging around with friends or their loved ones by bunking their lectures:-). I saw some people sitting solo talk to sea in the morning, contemplating and finding answers and purpose to their life.

Well I visited this place from morning till afternoon so I observed this many things happening around and soon I am going to visit in the evening and share my experience. Evening visit can give you lot more wonderful experiences. I believe Marine Drive is the best place to be if you are in Mumbai because there is something magical about this place that is hard to explain in words.

Thank you.

https://twitter.com/AsitChaurasia



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Tungareshwar: Temple and Waterfall - Vasai, Thane

Review: Pandavkada Waterfall - Kharghar Navi Mumbai

Anstrengung United: A journey from NOTHING to SOMETHING!!!